Monday 6 September 2010

First ATC Set..

Hi - well after an exhausting but beautiful weekend at my nieces wedding I treated myself to an extra day off work today and have been catching up with some crafting.  I have been thinking about having a go at ATC's and did have a stab at it recently but to be honest it was a bit halfhearted,  so today I took the bull by the horns and inspired by The Stampmans ATC swaps theme 'The Look' I made a set of three using the freebie stamp from Craft Stamper Magazine. 
I also had some other challenges in mind for inspiration - I've had great fun playing with all sorts of techniques trying to make each one different while still obviously a set.

ATC 1 -  I made a rainbow background by brayering across an old book page using a Paintbox option pad (by Colourbox) and stamped a swirl in white round the top edge. I then stamped the image in black down the side and again on a spare piece of book page which I embossed in black, cut and mounted on 3D foam.strip of lace, a pearl buckle and stick on pearls finished off. 
ATC 2 - I brayered another rainbow background then using versamark stamped a Penny Black harlequin border which I embossed in clear. I used Dusty Concorde DI over the top and wiped from the embossed areas and then stamped some script with Royal Purple stazon.  I stamped the image again on some brayered book page, embossed in black and added a little colour to the eyes. I finished off with a Tim Holtz die cut flourish, flowers and some tiny gems.  
ATC 3 - I started this off with another brayered background but painted over with a very thin layer of gesso, added some torn pieces of brayered book page, before adding another gesso layer.  I stamped the image on acetate with four colours of Stazon and stuck this to the background.  I coloured a piece of white ribbon with stazon (getting very messy in the process!), then stuck a piece of dictionary page in a Type Charm which I hung from a bow and added to the ribbon.
I have had a very enjoyable afternoon and am quite pleased with the result for a first attempt!  Now I'm off to try and get the ink off my fingers!!
Challenges -

11 comments:

  1. Gorgoeus ATC's and thank you for joining in our ASCT challenge :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, lovely ATC's good luck with the challenge. Inky fingers are good, means you've had fun, usually:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ATCs Esther, good luck with the challenge, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are great hun love how you have used the same stamp yet all so different,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ATCs!
    Thanks for linking my candy - good luck!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work !! All of them are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the TPC and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous set - I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite. Amazing what different looks you can get with just one stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thease are great lovel the colours :)
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab set of atc's stunning techniques and colours x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your atcs, hope I get one of them in the swap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful I cant wait to see them in real life! Thanks for joining in the Stamp Mans atc swap x Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails