Monday 15 August 2016

Feed the birds...

I am slowly getting through my old holiday photographs, currently working on a week in Cornwall from 2007. The whole week we had flocks of seagulls outside our chalet and one (we think it was the same one but who knows) regularly 'knocked' on the glass patio door with his beak.  
 I created the background by 'stamping' with a feather using Hickory smoke distress ink.
 I've used the first August sketch from Stuck?! sketches,  
tweaking slightly to fit in the three photos I wanted for this page. I also used the challenge theme from Another Freaking scrappy challenge which was to use a souvenir from an event.  These are the only photos I took actually on the holiday park so although including the little card pass we had that let us into the facilities is a bit of a stretch with these pictures, it was the closest I am going to get and I definitely wanted to use it having kept it for 9 years!  
I also continued with the pinwheels which are a consistent embellishment I'm making myself for all the pages of this holiday.
I'm loving going through these old photos and remembering our holiday.....thanks for stopping by...Esther xx

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty page and all I can say is WOW that hand made background paper is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful, Esther. Greta design. The idea with the feather is a good, I'll give it a try.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE your background work!!! Thanks for the share - I will have to try that!! Great take on the sketch and your pinwheels are perfect
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther!! Another amazing layout! You were chosen to be our GDT at Lasting Memories for the month of October. Are you interested? :) You can say No... but if you say Yes... please email me at scrappinfish26 at gmail dot com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different perspectives in your photo choices. And those pinwheels!? CUTE! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very clever background technique and how cute the bird pecking on the door. Your pin wheels look great and with the feather poking out. Thank you for joining in at AFSC
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic take on the sketch and very clever background. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting use of the distress ink, very good page. Thanks for sharing it on Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog. Eli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails