Sunday 21 February 2016

Travel title

I've found some time today to scrap a title page for the holiday album I'm working on - I've a back log of photos going back ten years of our travels as although I started scrapbooking about fifteen years ago I didn't do any for ages so I've got some catching up to do. 
I've used a combination of old and new papers inspired by Shimelle who challenges us to mix old scrapbooking stash with new favourites. The map and green paper on the base layers are very old, as is the London eye stamp (crafty Individuals) and the travel themed and arrow papers and Tim Holtz blueprint stamp are a couple of my newest purchase. The circle is hand stitched as I don't have a sewing machine and I'm not sure I like it, it's a bit messy but it's my first attempt at stitching on a layout so I guess not too bad. I'll have to practice.  I've been using challenge themes and sketches to kick start my scrappy mojo and this page is based on the sketch over at Stuck?!

I rotated the longest panel and didn't use it across the whole of the page. 
 I made the film strip embellishment by die cutting the film strip (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) and adding little scraps of cardstock behind each 'window' - it took ages but I'm really pleased with how it looks.
The clusters are mainly stamped images with a couple of wooden embellishments, inspired by the Sketch Crew Crush: Mandi - Stacked and layered over at Scrapbook Challenges.

I've had a lot of fun making the title page - I intend to keep a 'contents' list on the other side as I scrap each holiday, with the dates and destinations.

Thanks for stopping by...Happy Crafting...Esther xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your page is fab! Love the layout & your hand stitching is brilliant. Love also the little snippets behind the film strip.....great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great take on the sketch,, and I LOVE the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page - love all the details, fab film strip - Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches, hugs Sarah x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! The film strip is super fun. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stitching job and love the globe stamp ! thank you for playing at Stuck?! Sketches !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! I love the hand stitched circles and your patterned papers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. am a huge fan of mixing old and new and love your mix!! Great job on the die cut goodness and fabulous layering! Kate (SBC)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther - Nikki from AVJ here... just checking you received my email following your pinworthy mention and if you would like to guest design for us. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails