Monday 21 April 2014

Inky Found Poetry

I've had a lovely Bank Holiday Monday playing at my desk trying to catch up with Journal 52 prompts. I'm not necessarily doing them in order and today I made a page for week 8. The prompt was Found Poetry. 
According to Poets.org, “Found poems take existing texts and refashion them, reorder them, and present them as poems. The literary equivalent of a collage.... " The background for my page started as a gelli plate print but I wasn't happy with it so I collaged some scraps of various papers over it, to which I applied a wash of gesso, distress stains and inks, some grunge paste through a stencil and finally some stamping.  My 'poem' is lines cut  from different actual poems and the fairy image is stamped (Lavinia Stamps) and clear embossed over an alcohol ink background. 


Thanks for stopping by - Esther xx

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful found poem Esther. I love your page and the lovely background to the images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing page Esther, so much thought has gone into it.
    Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page - I just love those words and what they inspired you to create.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the muted colours another lovey lay out x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails