Tuesday 6 March 2012

Something Old, something New....

.....But nothing to do with a wedding ! Over at the Craft room our sponsorship from Julia and the CraftRoom shop has come to an end and we have some exciting new sponsors lined up including Stamp Addicts, Rogue Redhead and Indigo Blu.
Our first new sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Individuals who have donated Background paper pad 7 - Shades of Summer and this gorgeous stamp set (CI-310). 
Mervi has chosen a vintage/shabby theme for this challenge which fits beautifully with the Crafty individuals style. My card uses one of my favourite sentiment stamps and a dragonfly - both from CI. I've used the dragonfly as a background as well as focal point and added some burlap and lace for a vintage feel.

I coloured a button and some stick on pearls with salmon alcohol ink to tie in with the distress inks used on the background and gave all the edges a distressed look.  I do hope you join in and share your vintage/shabby creations and I look forward to visiting to see what you come up with - and don't forget to check out the inspiration from my lovely design team mates.  Esther xx

10 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Esther, I love all the elements and how you've used them.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther
    so gorgeous card, lovely textures;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Esther- love all that texture! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card all that yummy texture, the lace is so pretty while the hessian perfect background XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Esther, and the sentiment stamp is beautiful. I love the hessian and the background.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL CARD ESTHER :O)

    NIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your layers Esther and the beautiful muted colours are just perfect. The hessian is the finishing touch. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love all the texture from the burlap and lace. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Esther: Ohhh, I like the look of the burlap circle on your card, and that great verse stamp!

    Since you have left nice comments previously on my blog, I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. See the note on my blog:
    http://celti-crafter.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

    Happy stamping and creating!
    Sharon
    aka celticrafter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the great textures you incorporated in this elegant design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails