Wednesday 6 July 2011

Foamy WOYWW

After the initial success of an experiment with the Shaving Foam technique at the weekend I found some time last night to make some more papers….I LOVE this and need to thank Elizabeth (Altered Book Lover) for reminding me this was on my list to try as she posted a tutorial the other week ! So my desk today is covered in the sheets where I had left them overnight  to dry. The beauty of this is that because the foam is not watery/runny I could leave some of the paper standing up to dry and it didn’t drip ( I don’t have a lot of space for drying)! SD532483
I’m really pleased with how they came out.  In the bottom right is a piece I did using some of the coloured foam scraped from the top after I had finished using it to lay paper on and used over a stencil – it dries flat and the colour is really soft and gorgeous but the pattern is really clear ! here are some close ups…this top one uses distress re-inkers - SD532484
This one uses alcohol inks and is my favourite!
SD532485
Thanks for stopping by, to join in with the desk hopping start here at Julia’s Stamping Ground – Happy WOYWW…Esther xx

12 comments:

  1. Great stuff Esther - Elizabeth is a genius at encouragement and tutorials and look at the fab papers you've got from it; my fave is the look of the DI reinkers, but the colurs of the alcohol ink. Make sense?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing effect. Love the results and will look forward to seeing what you do with them.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed - I have never had any luck with this technique, but your results are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes indeed E&B is a great inspiration,

    love what you have done with the technique,

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful! I love the way they turned out and no dripping even better. Hope you have a good day. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, thanks for the shout out for my tutorial. That was sweet of you. My papers are dry as soon as they are smooshed together and separated. I never thought of using a stencil with the leftover shaving cream ink. Now that I have my stencils out of storage, I will try that next. Thanks for YOUR encouragement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right thats it!!! I have got to have a go at that, brilliant results! You have done some really lovely projects of late too! Hope your well!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background papers Esther. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a lot of fun. Shaving foam is on my shopping list now. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely background papers - something elst to put on my to try list.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just great - the papers look stunning and I'm a fan of the last one too! Lovely...
    Sarah at 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful papers! I have been thinking about trying this but just haven't made myself do it yet! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #44

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails