Many weeks ago I was busily working on Christmas cards and getting frowned on for being too early...now it would seem that while the rest of the crafty world has caught up with me and challenges abound for Christmas cards, my Christmas crafty mojo has abandoned me..peaked too early I reckon. So I turned my hand to something very new today - dominoes. Having had some arrive in the post this morning from 'The Artistic Stamper' I set about altering and generally having fun -hadn't a clue what I was doing but knew it had to include alcohol inks and Tim Holtz stamps. The reason for the Dominoes is because it's the theme for the challenge over at Alter It Monthly. Altered art is an area I've only recently started exploring having stuck with papercrafts til now and I am enjoying my tentative steps into something a bit more adventurous. But enough waffling, can't put off sharing my attempts any longer - here's what happened -
Having inked the dominoes I stamped on tissue paper and applied with watered down PVA glue - the first time i'd tried this technique too! I created the wings with Fantasy Film and hung it all together with some fibre. I can't help feeling it lacks something but I don't know what - maybe if I had some ideaology bits and pieces I'd add them but I don't, so, it stays as it is. I'm also going to enter this into the Lets ink it up 'recycle' challenge.
Well I better post this and get off to bed - got a Christmas mojo to find tomorrow! Thanks for looking...Esther xx