Monday 8 November 2010

CCC # 21 ...and it's only Monday!

 Wow..I can't believe I'm actually posting my entry to CCC 21 on the SAME day it opened...gotta be a first! This is such  great techniques though I just had to have a play straight away (and I had the day off work which helps!)..it's on P38 and if you've been under a rock somewhere and haven't come across this great challenge set by the lovely Linda at Studio L3 go have a look, now...go on...go...(but come back here after...!).  So this is my entry - a Gothic Arch, I love making these little arches and this will also be entered into the challenge on the Gothic Arch Challenge blog which is currently 'Baubles'. The large bauble stamp is one of my oldest and favourite Christmas stamps, by PSX , not sure about the little two. The pine branch round the outside is from Judikins Winter Botanical Cube and the tiny star is from Hero Arts.
it's really tricky to show the sheen of the Perfect Pearls but I managed to catch the gold over the red DI on the large Bauble in this pic below - as well as being able to see where the ink splashed as I was too heavy handed with the water spritz - still, it adds character I say, my version of the technique should be called imperfect distress! 
Oh and has anyone noticed the new banner on my side bar...have a look...right at the top under my profile blurb...oh I can hardly contain myself...I've been picked for the Stamp Addicts Design team..so excited... I hope they know what they're letting themselves in for!

Have a happy crafting week....Esther xx 

13 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this! how do you make the arch, do you cut them by hand or do you have a die? This weeks technique looks great with the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW hun love what you have done with this weeks,challenge love the stamps you have used,hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is smashing Esther, love your arch and the baubles. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Simple but effective. Well done on getting on the design team
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job! The oraments came out so perfectly for this challenge! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! This is the perfect technique for those stamps! And I do love those gothic arches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Esther. Beautiful shimmery Christmas decorations.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning arch Esther! Congrats on the design team! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther, I really like how you've done the tag on an arch. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas decorations. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Esther, I am a huge fan of Gothic Arches, anyway, but I have to say, yours is one of the most wonderful I've seen! It's so wonderfully festive and sweet, and has just the right "retro" feel! The Perfect Distress technique worked beautifully with these stamps (and don't worry about the splashes-- that's part of what makes this technique "distressed!"). I love this arch!

    Congrats on your much-deserved Design Team gig! They made a very wise choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! I love the simplicity of your arch...and how it sets off the baubles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it I love your Arch shape,,,,and all over the colors ,, oh my,,,,,,, gorgeus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails