Saturday 17 July 2010

Trying to keep the summer going...

Oh My...we're off out tonight so I've got myself ready and am sitting here trying desperately to get this done before the taxi arrives, with wet nail varnish..not a good idea - but left it to the last minute again!  There seems to be lots of challenges about at the moment with a summer theme and so I though I'd keep my beach stamps out after my last effort and try and keep summer going a bit longer as the the rain falls outside!

The main stamp on this tag is from Rubadubadoo, and I've used Distress Embossing technique with Walnut Stain Embossing Powder. This can be found on P43 of Tim Holtz's Compendium Of Curiosities for Linda's challenge over at Studio L3. I had a bit of trouble with this one - find it difficult to tell when the embossing powder has melted, and so don't know if it looks like it should.  Before I stamped I used Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans distress inks on my craft mat with a spritz of water to smoosh some glossy card on. The tag itself is made the same way, but with Faded Jeans over the top to make it darker.

The embellishment I made by colouring some cheesecloth with Distress inks (again applying to craft mat, spritzing before wiping it up with the cheesecloth)  I then added a stamped shell, metal embellishment and stars from my stash along with a few pearls and some twine. 

I used the free sea shell stamp from Craft Stamper magazine to stamp on melted gold embossing powder (while still hot), cut out the 'On the Seashore' phrase and used a black pen to emphasise the lettering.  All in all I'm quite pleased with the result, but am going out with inky fingers...despite a shower and hairwash there's still a hint of Faded Jeans !! 


As well a Studio L3 challenge I'm entering this into -

Tag.You're it - By the Beach
Daring Cardmakers - We are Sailing
Sunday Stampers - Song Sung Blue
Sir Stampalot - lazy hazy days of summer
The Stamp Man - Anything Goes

25 comments:

  1. Love your creation, the detail is fab, love all the embellishments you have used, they all work beautifully together. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS art Esther, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... as for Distress Embossing powders, I am still flumoxed with them and now when I am heating them, I cock my head to one side and see the colour change a bit, let it cool for a while and then rub like mad over the image... sometimes works LOL Haev a great evening x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Esther. Have a great night out. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is brilliant hun love the coulrs on this and super detail and so effective hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That is stunning! I love it! Thanks for sharing your summery creation with us at Sir stampalot this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my life this is stunning!!! An absolutely amazing tag Esther, I just love all those gorgeous elements! Beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with us at TYI!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super creation. I love all the different shades of blue - they work really well together. Thanks so much for entering into The Stamp Man's Anything Goes Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther

    Beautiful work and so imaginative.

    Hope the nail varnish did not smudge.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOOOVVVVVE This! Awesome job! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really evokes the seaside. Love the blues.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esther, this is stunning! Not only is your Distress Embossing perfect, you've created an incredible little collection of great embellishments and put them all together so beautifully! Using cheesecloth as a fishing next is GENIUS! And what a great idea, stamping into melted embossing powder. That's a great effect.

    I sometimes have a little difficulty figuring out whether I've melted the Distress Powder sufficiently, too. I think it's one of those things where you just get a feel for it after you've used it a few times. You certainly did it right on this tag!

    This is a masterpiece, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - it's fabulous - and not a bit of nail varnish in sight(unless it was blue!) - LOL. I like how you coloured the cheesecloth with distress inks too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, the shades of blue are heavenly and love all the bits and pieces which make up this beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply gorgeous Esther - love the collage you've created. Thanks for joining in with us at Daring Cardmakers.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Esther! Love your tag what a great job you have made of, really well done!!! Hope you had a good nite out?
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantatic - all that detail, and the colours are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work and SO tactile. Such a different piece so thanks for playing with theStampman theme this time. On a personal level I love your blog background...so shabby chic!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Esther. This is amazing! Congrats on your win at ATT :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Tag!...Congrats on your win over at ATT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Esther.
    I love your creation, it is so tactile and perfect for the summer theme at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Esther on your SL3 win, a worthy winner. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad I popped over to see this, it's fabulous!! a worthy winner!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful creation , thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is gorgeous... I think Alter it monthly need to do a beach or ocean theme some time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails