Tuesday 20 July 2010

Another tag and an early WOYWW

Hi - I know this is posting early (though won't link till weds morning) but I made a tag that fits a challenge that ends today so wanted to get it on in time! The inspiration for this challenge is a combination of a lovely pic from The Play date Cafe, and the next Compendium of Curiosities challenge over at Studio L3. Talking of which I was very excited to learn I had been picked by Gloria, at 'All Things Tim' as this weeks challenge winner for my beach tag (here). I only joined this Yahoo group about a week ago and so feel very honoured to have been chosen  - and thank you to those who left me congrats comments.

Right then back to this weeks goings on - I made some of the elements for this tag using Tim's technique on P66 of that fab book...you'll have to get it to find out how as part of the deal to enter the challenge is to not give any secrets away! I didn't have all the proper ingredients but I hope it's turned out OK. 

I love music,  I dabble a bit on the piano and sing loudly in the car so this is very 'me'. ..especially as purple is my favourite colour too.  I used some sheet music I downloaded for free from a website, distress inks (Milled lavender, Dusty concord and shabby shutters) and did a little masking in the bottom left hand corner with some of Tim's masks. The chipboard shapes, definitions stickers and metal letters I've had for ages and can't remember where they're from, the grunge paper swirl is Tim's of course and there's little piece of lace from my stash. I've added some stickles to the dots since taking the pic so please if you could just imagine the sparkle (the dots by the way are the bits that popped out from the holes in my chipboard tags - never waste a thing!).

And as for my desk...well I've migrated on to the coffee table in my living room to craft in front of the TV...I've been neglecting my OH lately hiding away in my craft room so thought I'd get the best of both worlds and spend time with him and craft - and catch up with Big Brother! The photo in the background is me with my parents and my 'little' brother (who is also musical - has a degree in the stuff and of whom I'm very proud - even though his hair is longer than mine!)



Hope you're all having a great WOYWW - and if you don't know what I'm on about go see over at Julia's Stamping ground.  Didn't get round many desks last week - will try harder I promise. Esther xx

42 comments:

  1. Esther this is a gorgeous tag and its special because its about you. Love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag and love how you combined it for two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, it turned out WAY better than okay! What a gorgeous work of art! You are so good with special little details-- everything you make is like a tiny treasure chest. I love your multi medium technique, and ... well, I just love the entire tag!

    Congrats again on your win at All Things Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tag, wonderful combination of both challenges! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the coolest card...a lot of intriguing embellishing...very creative with the colors..
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fabulous tag, Esther! Love how you combined so many wonderful elements together.. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is absolutely beautiful! I love the theme and colors. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag. Love the layers of goodies. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very beautiful...love the colors and thanks for sharing your space with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tag! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this tag--I DO I DO I DO! Everything about it is FAB! I need to take lessons from you on how to make this! And for distressing and just EVERYTHING! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ps...what is WOYWW?? I hear of it all the time...just don't know what it means;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tag ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag is lovely Esther, how nice to see non-browns in use for TH stuff. I'm impressed that you 've moved a table into the lounge to craft in his company - I used to get the guilts about it too. I don't any more, I just do one or the other..moving a table wold be a slippery slope for me..oh, and I dunno if I would ever get round to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag and how romantic of you to move into the other room to be with OH.....or was it just to watch Big Brother??

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ester
    beautiful tag, luv the colours,great desk piccie, have great day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just amazingly beautiful!!!! Love your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tag!! Love your organised space, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful tag and lovely to see what inspired it too X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super tag, lovely busy crafting space you have!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous tag and I knwo what you mean about neglecting the OH but then mine likes to watch football so I do lots when thats on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is sooooo gorgeous!!! I love how you've done both of these challenges to perfection. We are a musical household, too, so this tag totally speaks to me. Beautiful techniques, beautiful colors - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nice to read that your tag was made of something that really interests and can relate to YOU. Personal is always so much better. Nicely done, even if I don't have the book! Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous tag, and what a fab theme to choose. Thanks for playing at the playdate cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great tag, love the colour.

    My background is a free one too, wouldn't have a clue where to start on designing one, the messing with html was all the tweaking I decided to do...changing from 2 column to 3, ading borders, changing column width, changing hex codes and making buttons ...by the time i got done I felt ill lol

    Hope you are loving BB, can't decide who I want to win, hoping Keely goes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this tag is to die for! I am not a purple fan, but you have turned me with this, gorgeous altogether! thanks for sharing, hugs m xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh this is GORGEOUS!! Love everything about it, great to see a tag for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh really love the tag its just brilliant love the courls too love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loads of polymer stamps there !!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really wonderful entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge....hope you will play with us again for the next challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. A wonderful tag, so busy and so colourful. Love your desk too.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry I'm rather late in calling in. It's been really manic here the last few days and I had to pop to see my elderly neighbour in hospital last night [only a 62 mile round trip :-)].
    Really love the colours you've used for your tag.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing your desk and lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but purple is my fave color too and i'm head over heels for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You rocked this challenge! The tag is absolutely gorgeous! I love every detail you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great tag, love the theme you used, really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey, I sing really loud in the car too! We are now friends.
    That's an awesome tag, I dig it totally.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fab tag and very interesting bits and pieces on your desk!
    Sorry about my tardy visit, but I've been slightly hors de combat since Wednesday.
    Have a great weekend.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful creation!!!! I have my CCC book on order...can't wait to get it!!!! Purple is my favorite color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful tag, Esther...it's BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great piece. Love the colours.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful tag! I love the soft purple tones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails