Sunday 18 March 2018

pretty in pink..and yellow...and Aqua...

I've had lots of DT work going on recently but found time today to create for a couple of challenges. I love using sketches and challenge inspiration, especially when I've been busy and ideas aren't flowing on their own, and as time is short I like to combine challenges to get the most out of the time I have to spend creating. I've also decided I need to stop hording and to just use stuff so today I broke into the gorgeous new More Than Words collection from Cocoa Vanilla.
 I've used the March 15th sketch from Stuck?! and blended distress inks over background of stencilled texture paste. I've been quite literal with my interpretation of the sketch.
I then took the recipe challenge from the Hey Little Magpie facebook group -

1 single square photo (any size) 
A selection of papers including the colours aqua and yellow 
At least one camera icon
More than one style of letter stickers 
A sprinkle of stars or dots

Now I love aqua and pink together but am not a big fan of yellow so this was a tough one for me but luckily the More Than Words collection includes some beautiful yellow flowers which I fussy cut.  I also used yellow and aqua paper in my layering and there are hearts in both colours on the tab top piece. I wrote the recipe down wrong and just had two types of letters on my list so am hoping my bramble fox perspective and wood veneer words count. The cute camera is fussy cut from Simple Stories 'I Am' paper. 
Hoping you've found some creative time too and thanks for stopping by...Esther xx

4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful. I love your photos and you have scrapped it beautifully. Perfect! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is pretty, I adore this gorgeous feminine page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo and a beautiful page! So happy to have you playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page, so soft and lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails