Sunday 6 August 2017

Sisters

Hi - I took some time out from DT work today to scrap just for me and took inspiration from a couple of challenges to create this monochromatic layout of two of my great nieces. I love how it came out but it was really tricky to photograph.
 I started with the sketch from Stuck?! sketch blog and then took the moodboard from Scrap the Girls.

I used distress inks and sprays to create a soft, water colour background over which I stamped and applied texture past through a leaf stencil. Once all this was dry I just layered up and placed my photos.  I also added some eyelets and threaded ribbon through - I can't remember the last time I used eyelets but thanks to the Hey Little Magpie FB challenge I dug them out and was really happy with this added little detail.
I love grey so really enjoyed using just this colour for my photos. Thanks for stopping by...Happy Crafting....Esther xx

10 comments:

  1. This is a stunning monochromatic layout with fab attention to detail! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the mood board! Love the fine details! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning layout. I loved how you've made the grey look so soft. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those photos are gorgeous, and your layout compliments them so much. Thanks for joining us at STG and Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a terrific layout, i'm in love with your work! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page!! I love the lace and the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous page. So soft and moody. Thanks for joining us at STGs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great pair of challenges and an awesome layout you have created. Thanks for playing along with us at STG xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful take on the challenge!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails