Friday 22 May 2015

Gemini Sea Horses

Darcy at Art and Sole is heading up an Altered calender challenge and I'm amazed to say five months in and I'm still with it...normally when I try and take part in something life gets in the way and I only last a couple of weeks. For May the challenge rules are -

1.. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design
2, Technique - Make marks,... scratching or stamping into texture paste/thick gesso/spackle/glue anything that will hold the shape
3. Add – an image that depicts your star sign/horoscope (drawing,painting,magazine image)
4. Blog your calendar page and link up from May 1st 2015

Now I'm a Gemini and wasn't hugely inspired by any images I found so I went a little outside the box and found my Celtic Zodiac Sign which is the Seahorse...perfect. So here's my page for May -

 This is the original page
And here it is with just the background layer - Gelatos on a gesso base, leaving some of the original picture as 'foliage'. You can also just see how I've used bottle tops to stamp 'bubble' marks into the background when the gelatos was still wet. 
I drew the seahorses onto some water colour paper coloured/sprinkled with Brushos, added white paint pen and cut them out. I did two as a nod to the more traditional Gemini image of twins. I added some stamped seashells and crabs along the 'sea bed' .
I'm also sharing this at - 
...Happy Crafting..Esther xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Esther,
    I am loving this, you have taken this Challenge with Darcy and incorporated it into a wonderful and gorgeous scene; I am so impressed.
    Thank so much for joining us this month at Country View Crafts.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails