Sunday 18 January 2015

Talk about Last minute !!

I was inspired today to make a Journal page using the technique shown over at PaperArtsy by Clare Lloyd and have just managed by the skin of my teeth to get it together in time to enter it into their Fragile Papers challenge. Clare used tissue paper but I don't have many colours so I used some hand made papers too. I started by gluing them over the journal page - 

The I added a wash of gesso to blend and bring the colours down a bit , followed by more gesso through a stencil and then randomly rubbed some gellatos over. 
I love that this picked up the textures in the papers. 

Then it was a matter of adding the quote and my character. Drawing faces for my art journal pages is a new art adventure for me, this being my first attempt that I've actually used and one I really need to work on but this one will have to do for now. The theme for the page was inspired by the Journal 52 Prompt for this week - Conversation Starters.  I am guilty of sometimes not knowing when to stop talking - hopefully this page will remind me when to keep something to myself.
I'm also sharing this over at Anything but a Card where the theme is 'New Beginnings' (for me this is drawing faces for my Journal pages) Thanks for stopping by....Happy Crafting...Esther xx

2 comments:

  1. Last minute, but it looks wonderful!! Great journal page Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and creative... Love how the tissue papers were transformed by your layers of mixed media. Great job on your face !!! Thank you for playing with us at Anything But A Card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails