Tuesday 27 January 2015

Indgioblu love

My crafting time is limited and precious so I love it when challenges that I like to enter have themes that I can combine. Today I made a vintagey Tim Holtz inspired card for Valetines using the Vintage Journey 'Love is in the air' and Indigoblu theme of 'A touch of red'.
I started by making the background piece using the perfect distress technique from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities 1. You can't really see the shimmer in the photo. 
 It's so easy to get caught up with fabulous new techniques that we forget the old ones - so I've enjoyed re-visiting this book and used the Shabby chic technique to create the focus panel. All the stamps are Indigoblu and I've just added stickles, liquid pearls, lace and flowers.
So I'm sharing my card over at the two challenges -
A Vintage Journey - Love is in the Air
Indigoblu - A hint of red

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Crafting..Esther xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination very romantic card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Esther and you are so right we are always challenging ourselves with new techniques that we forget about the old ones.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, love how you layered the different elements, the grungy heart on the front panel looks so cool, and a great background too, thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Esther with great inking techniques resulting in fab backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Have a great weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage look to this. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the red touches. Thank you for joining the IndigoBlu challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card, the english flourish is one of my fave stamps. Love the vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at Indigoblu this month, good luck.
    Nikki K. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails