Sunday 6 April 2014

FSC - Favourite technique

Hello  - it's time for another challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This fortnight the lovely Dot has asked us to use our favourite technique ! Oooh it was so difficult to choose - I knew it would be stamping based  - stamping is my favourite thing, and I went for masking. I just love the layers you can build up by stamping, masking and then stamping again ! I've made a journal page, the inspiration for which came from Feb 2014 Craft Stamper magazine. 
I started by stamping one group of tulips, then used artists masking fluid to mask them before stamping more tulips, masking again, stamping the taller blooms (which look like they might be lupins) and masking them.  Once the images were stamped and masking fluid dry I used Spray inks (Dylusions and Adirondack) to create the background. More drying time followed by finally stamping the black foliage 'behind' the flowers. The key to building up a scene like this is to remember you are stamping the front images first and each subsequent layer will be behind those already there. The title is stencilled with black and white pens and I've also stamped a border. 

I'm taking part in Journal 52 and 'How does your garden grow?' was the prompt for week 13. 

So what's your favourite technique ? I hope you feel inspired to join our challenge - Don't forget we are a stamping challenge and We especially need to see that the stamping is the focal point on the project and that this must follow the format of the theme. NO Digi stamps please, but digi downloads are ok to enhance your project. Our sponsor is Flonzcraft and the winner chosen at random will receive a voucher for $20 - we also give special mention to our top 3 !

I'm also sharing my journal page here - 
Happy Crafting - Esther xx

12 comments:

  1. Stunning - almost the opposite to what I normally do xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal 52 page Esther. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to do what you love doing isn't it! I love your journal page Esther and the masking really makes those poppies pop! Totally gorgeous!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. his is beautiful Esther and masking is such fun. Thoe stamps you have used are gorgeous and I love the fantastic colours.

    TTFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Journal page Esther, love the garden flowers.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal page Esther, I adore that technique and the stamps you've used are fab. Great job with the dylusions too, I always make a right mess with them lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Esther, pretty colours, great m asking and just perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous journal page! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Essie, fabulous florals, great stamping!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an incredible job on the masking! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful book cover love the stamps and colours you have used.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Blossom & Blooms' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails