Tuesday 26 November 2013

Craft-Room Vintage Christmas

Hi  - over at Craft-Room it's Mervi's turn to be our hostess this fortnight! Thank you for your fabulous entries to Suzanne's Afternoon Tea challenge, lots of wonderful interpretations. So, with only a month til Christmas,Mervi is asking us to share vintage style Christmas cards or presents. Our sponsor this fortnight is Rogue Redhead who make some beautiful stamps.

  
My Card was a commissioned one for a friend, she loves the vintage style and I needed to get her cards made so I can get on with my own !  

The main panel is a stamped collage - I started with a sheet of cream card to which I added Antique Linen Distress stain and splatters of dye ink (brown and white) before stamping the nativity image and distressing the edges. 















I masked the nativity image, and added the background stamping, using triangles of post it notes to mitre the corners. 

I painted the image with Distress inks and a white pencil before adding some pine branches, a sentiment, stars and Stampendous aged Ivory EP .  
I then put this together with background paper, die cuts and gems.

So - lets see all those beautiful vintage Christmas creations, don't forget to check out the wonderful work from my team mates. Happy Crafting, Esther xx 

9 comments:

  1. Love your vintage card Esther, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Esther all your preparation and hard work really paid dividends, again XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful vintage collage card Esther :-) Love the distressed edges and layered papers. The stamp is stunning and I your adornments complete thie look.

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Esther, I love how you've put it all together.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful image, and I love how you've masked and layered it - gorgeous card, Esther!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful collage of different stamps Esther! They all fit perfectly together. So pretty! Your friend is very lucky to be getting such art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do vintage Christmas so well Esther your friend will love this make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, love the stamping on the edges;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous traditional vintage card esther, love that image :-) Debi xxix

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails