Monday 14 January 2013

The Alpha Challenge

The Craft Barn have dived into 2013 with a fantastic new challenge – The ALPHA Challenge. You can find all the details here. The idea was originally to alter a dictionary but is extended to altering anything as long as the letter given each challenge is the focus. SD533890

So I found this old Dream dictionary and though it would be great to use.

SD533895 The first letter is ‘V’

 

 and here is my page. The word I chose was VASE.

SD533891

In dreams, a Vase tends to represent the feminine and can signify creativity and the receptive, intuitive nature of the feminine, So I used this lovely stamp from Sweet Pea stamps.

SD533892

I haven’t done much altering really, just a couple of journal pages and I'm not sure I'm really that happy with this page, (although I couldn’t tell you why- just feel something isn’t right!). I’m hoping this challenge will help me to learn more and develop my style. I’m generally really bad at sticking to projects like this, I tend to start off with great enthusiasm and then lose momentum, so I’m going to try really hard to stick with it – even if I don’t manage every letter.

Thanks for visiting…Esther xx

12 comments:

  1. You've selected a wonderful book. Your page looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant journal page esther- and i love your take on the letter V, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the deffinition details, look forward to seeing more pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages Esther...What a wonderful book to alter for this challenge :)..looking forward to seeing your next alpha challenge now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dream dictionary wow this will be interesting! This art journal stuff is out of my comfort zone too so it's going to be good to take part. The good thing is you can dip in & out when you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start to the challenge - lovely image and colouring. Looking forward to your next page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Esther, I love your crackly background. Great choice of book to use too, will give you lots of inspiration for the challenge i'm sure.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the texture and the way the mermaid emerges from the vase. Great work!
    Best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope you stick with the challenge, as it has started beautifully with your first page!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Izzy, I hope that you do more of this challenge as you have done a fabulous page. What inspiration to use a dreams book too! Thank you for joining us at The Craft Barn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great take on the letter V. Your page is fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so inventive! Lovely page

    Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftbarn :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails