Tuesday 16 October 2012

A touch of the Orient at Craft-Room

Hello – I’m back at the Craft-Room challenge after my holidays and this week Zoe has set the theme of ‘Oriental’.
Our sponsor this fortnight is Tanda Stamps manufacturers of un-mounted rubber stamps in a range of styles to suit every taste.
I have to admit that I’ve never been big into the oriental style. I appreciate the creations of others and do love the striking colours but my supplies are very limited and I struggled initially to come up with anything for this week. I then remembered some topper images a friend got me for my birthday about a hundred years ago. The background of the tag is stamped with a Judikins stamp  - Artifacts cube, in gold stazon.
SD533777 I had made the little fans previously for another project so recycled them – they are made from a section of the Tim Holtz Rosette die cut and a bead with a gold thread tassel. I added some punched dragonflies and black gems to finish off. It wasn’t until I took the photograph I realised I’d forgotten a ribbon through the top – so please use your imaginations as I ran out of time !
You can share your Oriental projects on the Craft-Room Challenge blog  or on our facebook group.  Don’t forget to visit my team mates too, they have some fab inspiration!
I’m also sharing my tag here -
Thanks for stopping by – Esther xx

8 comments:

  1. Well this might have stumped you it did not last long there is something special and magical about this tag. We are very fortunate to have you as part of Craft-Room challenge and cannot tell you how much we value you, thank you. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Esther, you have build up the Oriental theme beautifully around pretty image.

    Dare we hope that Orienatal is making a comeback ? I've seen several little hints lately and even bought some new DP's from BoBunny last week with a strong Oriental feel.

    Many thanks for sharing your creativity and joining in our Punch Away theme at Stampalot this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther, I just love this tag, the image is so beautiful, and really love the little fans, and would have never thought that you could make them from the TH rosette, how clever. Julia xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ester, WOW for the fact you are not too happy doing oriental you have rocked it, Stunning tag, I love it, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Esther its absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Esther! I love the image, and those little fans are beautiful, and so creative!

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amzing tag Esther, the image is beautiful and I love the idea of making fans out of rosettes.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag is beautiful and you would never know that you struggled at all. The central image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails