Sunday 19 June 2011

Brain hurting….

That describes me at the moment ! Have had a report to finish for work this weekend so not only have I not had much time for crafting, my brain hurts too! I did manage to find time to finish this card I’ve been working on since the beginning of the month   SD532429

untitled It’s for the challenge at Sir Stampalot and for some reason it’s been very tricky in the making. The Challenge asks us to  use this beautiful photo for inspiration and I had an idea immediately – trouble is I couldn't transfer the thoughts in my brain to the paper and inks!! I’m still not happy with it but don’t know how to put it right! The materials for this card are mostly packaging from my Birthday! I used the front from a card envelope, ‘stamped’ it with bubble wrap, layered with card from the box my prezzie was delivered in and some packing paper smooshed with Distress inks for the sentiment. I did this with the Gingersnaps Spicy Supply challenge in mind – which is to use packaging materials.
0PDCC86 The card I managed to start and finish this afternoon I’m much happier with. I started with the colours from the Play Date Cafe but have to admit they’re a bit bright for me so I muted them down by applying distress inks on my craft mat,  spritzing with water and more ‘smooshing’.
SD532451

I used sketch WMSC7 from Waltzing Mouse who are celebrating a year of sketch challenges and I’ve have used their Vintage labels One stamps on my Nestie die cuts. The dragonfly stamp is from Crafty Individuals  - their challenge theme is vintage with a heart so this fits nicely there too (of course I planned it that way!). The effect with the dragonflies was an accident – I used the wrong paper for a faux batik technique so ended up with a melted on EP rather than a melted away EP! I kind of like it though.
Other challenges for this card -
So there you have it – a taxing weekend with a little creativity to save my sanity…hope you had a good one…Esther xx

24 comments:

  1. Both smashing cards Esther. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering the challenge. Pretty card - I love dragonflies. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both just wonderful. Hope you have more free time to craft :o) Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great muted use of the colours Esther - thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh 2 great cards hun love the use of the colors,and images hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Esther, Great cards, you've got lots of soft colours and textures going on they're lovely:0) Your blog's accessible from your profile now, YAY! Hope you have a good week, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super cards Esther and really impressive recycling.

    I am a bit hooked on corrugated card as well, gives a lovely texture.

    Thank you for joinin in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Esther. I love all the layers and textures in the first one.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards Esther. I love the effect of your stamping with bubble wrap!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creations Esther, I love them both.
    Have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards Esther, and great recycling! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards Ester, great use of techniques and recycling!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards! I lvoe them both. I love a bit of the corrugated stuff too! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin' your play on circles, girl! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your layering and those little brads are so cute. It's great to have you playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous, I especially like the muted colours on the dragonfly card. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whatever that technique is on the dragonfly, it's COOL! I love homemade techniques :) The use of the labels is fabulous, so glad you could play in the WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two lovely cards! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous, love the ribbon tags! thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cards, great choice of colours and techniques. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love that bubble wrap stamping ... fantastic design ... so glad you joined us for creating with packing materials at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great use of packaging materials in your card - you've brought everything together to make a great design! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails