Sunday 18 December 2011

Colour Splash


I have really been in need of a craft fix - work has been mad and I'm desperately trying to get an assignment finished for my course too once I eventually get home, but I  allowed myself some relaxation today and played about on my desk making this tag.

The colours were inspired by The Play Date Cafe's Colour splash challenge, isn't this a beautiful image? I stayed away from Christmas though - well sort of. I actually used a Christmas Stamp by Penny Black called Christmas Colours, which is designed to be a poinsetta, but Winter Wonderland have challenged us this week to 'Be Different' and use a Christmas Stamp for a non Christmas card - so I did a Happy Birthday Tag.

Other stamps used were - Tim Holtz -  Harlequin, Hero Arts - cling Dots and Stamp Addicts 'Happy Birthday Circle' .

After Stamping the 'flowers' I painted them with artists masking fluid (so much easier for detailed images than cutting out fiddly paper masks) then created the background with Black Soot Distress ink and a couple of background stamps. After removing the masking fluid I added touches of Teal ink and a strip of lace.  The chipboard Butterfly has been stamped in Black Soot with Penny Black Slapstick  Paisley Swirls which I've also stamped bits of on the tag edges.
Other Challenges that inspired this Tag and where I'll be sharing -

Hope you're all a bit more prepared for Christmas than I am - better get wrapping !! Esther xx


23 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, You do sound busy :0) I'm glad you had time to play this is beautiful, I love the colour and the design is stunning.
    Happy Christmas to you, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Tag Esther love the colour splash XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther, Lovely to see you playing along with us again.

    This tag is just stunning. I love what you've done with the colours and using your Christmas stamps so beautifully for a non Christmas project. Just gorgeous.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful fusion of colour and images Esther, I can see your deviation to the craft room worked wonders for you.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month, good luck and have a lovely Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag with lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read properly B !!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge as well Esther.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creation thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs and Merry Xmas
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, and your butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther, wow! So much work went into the making of this tag, I can tell, and it is absolutely beautiful.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The pLay Date Cafe this week, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Esther,
    gorgeous tag, fabulous stamping!
    Thanks for sharing with Penny Black and More, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a lovely tag Esther. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag.. I love all the details you added. The color combo is so pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning tag ESTHER, I love your beautiful design and sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful tag! Gorgeous colours and I love how you've adapted the stamp! Thanks for joining in with the last Penny Black Saturday Challenge of 2011! Merry Christmas!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful collage of images! Love all the little elements and how you've added your splashes of color. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whata gorgeous tag,love the colours,thank you for joining us at Penny black and more.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot and Penny Black @ Allsorts challenges, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag! So much interest in the layering of images and colors! Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Classy looking tag!!Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Esther, you have won a PB stamp at PB&more challenge!
    Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag! I love that butterfly and those colors. Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails