Sunday 21 August 2011

Bright Christmas

I'm always looking for something different to try with my Christmas cards but the very bright pink Christmas themed paper I’d recently been given was causing me trouble – couldn’t get an idea going.
When I saw this weeks colours at The Play Date Cafe it was the perfect opportunity to try them again. I really love this colour combination now I’ve used it but wouldn’t have thought to put them together myself  - I need to get a bit braver with colours I think as I tend to play it safe!
SD532633 
I ended up not using much of the paper and I’m not sure how Christmassy the card is but I quite like it. The colours on the base card are distress stains – I started this card as something else (Less Is More challenge ) but realised it wouldn’t work as a one layer card as it was textured and I wouldn’t get a very clear stamp but as the colours matched I’ve put it too good use here anyway.
SD532631
I embossed the Winter Tree stamp in detail white and added some gems, then just layered up the papers, ribbon and stars.







I’m also sharing this here -
CAS-ual Friday – Embossing (hope it’s CAS enough, never sure at what point a card stops being CAS)
Thanks for visiting – Esther xx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, Gorgeous card, what a brilliant use of the colours, clever you, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card Esther, loving how the colours work so well together. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this Esther! The pink and blue go beautifully together. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card...so creative...love it!!! Take care!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Your tree looks stunning and the little shock of pink works really well.
    Thanks for joining our 'christmas' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this, Esther! The tree looks great embossed on the navy background. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out, Esther...it's perfectly Christmas-y and perfectly sweet! The pink paper is just enough, because my eye is really drawn to that lovely embossed tree! The addition of the bling is just wonderful, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! Love the white embossing! LOVE the pink peace paper! FUN colors for a holiday card:) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails