Sunday, 20 February 2011

Still Lovin Steampunk

Some of you may have read a previous post introducing my new found love of steampunk and I have been playing again today with this theme. 
After a groggy start (thanks to a little too much cider last night!) I turned to the Play Date Cafe for inspiration where this week there is a twist, the colour challenge is a 'Combined Grind' challenge with CASE Study Challenge. I didn't have any papers in the right colours/theme so I made my own using Distress inks and assorted stamps including Tim Holtz and The Artistic Stamper.  I don't usually use these colours, not a big fan of red or green and don't tend to do 'Love' themes either so I was quite pleased with the result with it being so outside my comfort zone, and only my second attempt at steampunk.  The challenges for this card are - The Playdate Cafe - Red, Black and Green, CASE study Challenge, The Stampman - Hearts, The Artistic Stamper - All things Love, Lets ink it up - Romance/Valentine, Daring Cardmakers - Steampunk

I was determined to join in at Studio L3 this week with the Compendium of Curiosities challenge. It's nearly at an end and I've missed several weeks due to not having the enough time or right materials (or both).  So I made this tag using the stamping and masking Technique, which I love, one of my favourate ways to stamp! Edited to add - I only just noticed I've stuck my flowers so the text is completely the wrong way round!    
                              
As well as Studio L3, I'm entering this tag into other challenges - Simon says stamp and Show - A Tag, Allsorts - inspired by Nature.

Thanks for visiting...Happy Crafting Esther xx

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags, Esther! I'm so glad you found some time to play along at the CCC this week-- I've missed you! You did a gorgeous job on the masking challenge, and brought a little much-needed sunshine into my world!

    Your steampunk is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag, love the tattered flower
    Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun these are amazing,designs on these love all the elements you have added hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the bold way you embraced the colors and your design is fab! Glad you had fun with us at The Play Date Cafe's first Combined Grind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card and tag. I love the way you have used the flourishes. Thanks for Steampunking with Daring Cardmakers this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and tag! Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Esther - love the hearts with the love ticket! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab. I love all the colour and texture. Thanks for going steampunk with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great Esther. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you came to love steampunk! I don't usually like love themes either and I save the colours red and green mainly for christmas cards, but you did a great job! Really love your studio L3 entry too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! loving all the delightful elements you have squeezed in- the flourish, the hearts and the stunning wings!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with our combined CASE study and PDC challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Esther, I love your steampunk creation! Gorgeous tag too :-)
    Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that you made your papers to fit our color story! Genius! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab piece! Thank you for joining in at The Artistic Stamper challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. such fantastic work! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that Steampunk image! I must get it--fabulous card! LOVe the layers--and that tag is simply BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! Love the little heart with wings! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab fab card design Esther, and I love your choice of images. Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is a very inspirational post! I love your creations :) Thank you so much for joining us for our special challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic tag, gorgeous papers and love the flower. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing work!
    Thanks for joining us at LIIU this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails