Monday, 22 November 2010

More sparkle...

Christmas is fast approaching and the race to get cards finished is truly on. The other day I found some cards from last year which I was not happy with so have been busy recycling some of the bits - here's a  card which uses a chalked snowman I took from a tag I didn't like...
I love this little fella by Judikins and use him a lot. The BP he's perched on is created using a snowflake mask and Tim Holtz Distress inks, dabbed onto glossy card rather than blended . I used Tim's Styled Labels and Elegant Flourish dies, added some die cut snowflakes (sizzix I think), sparkly ribbon and there you have it. 
Because I try and keep a lot of my Christmas cards flat for posting the faux stitching is a great way of adding some detail without piling on layers though I did raise the snowman a little by using silicon glue  to fix him.  This card fits nicely into the following challenges - (so many great wintery themes about!)
 
The Stamp Man - Anything Tim
Gingernsaps Creations (Random redhead) - Stitching
Crafty calander - Winter Snowflakes
Stampin for the Weekend - Winter
Wild Orchid Challenge - Blue Christmas
Lets Ink It Up - Recycle (the Snowman and Ribbon)
 
Thanks for visiting...off to watch those celebrities in the jungle!! Esther xx

10 comments:

  1. Great bit of recycling Esther a beautiful card. Thank you for playing at LIIU. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hunny what a brilliant piece of recycling funny that is what I have been doing tonight,beautiful card,hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Christmas card, and very clever recycling. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU. Cheers Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm not the only one who partakes in that activity Esther.

    I think our ideas move on and when we look at old work we are never quite happy with it. In fact I have a confession - when I did a demo a few weeks ago they got out my display boards from the previous demo and I found my eyes kept going to a couple of the cards. By lunchtime they had been replaced !

    Your recycled creation is lovely, you'd better make sure you use it this year though, else you know what will happen.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card. I like how you recycled your card, too. My kind of gal. Did you happen to catch that I answered your signature question in yesterday's post? It was about what I wrote in your WOYWW post, but I went into more detail and linked to you for asking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love how much detail you were able to add and still keep it relatively flat for mailing. Great faux stitching detail, too! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is amazing. I love your snowman :)
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up. Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love that snowman stamp. Great recycling :-)
    thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your recycled snowman! He looks great on this card! I agree with using faux stitching for mailing, although I forget most of the time, and end up with something I can't mail out!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails