Sunday, 25 July 2010

Flowers and Christmas

Hi - things are a bit stressful here at the moment as I'm waiting for my degree results to arrive in the post any day, and there was no way any crafting was happening without some help so I turned to my craft stamper magazine and had a go at creating a masterboard (as on P8 of July issue).  I used similar colours but different stamps to the article, used Distress inks, Stazon and coloured with watercolour pencils. I liked the result (pic above) so had another go in different colours which I chose to fit The Play Date Cafe's latest challenge.

That seemed to get my Mojo kickstarted and I ended up with this card here to enter -
I cut a strip from the Masterboard and layered it with contrasting card, embossed a message on card cut with my Nesties and stuck on a few flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts) and buttons.  I also layered a cut out large flower and used a button for it's centre. The hardest thing with this colour combination for me was to use white as my natural instinct was to put cream with it but it was fun to do and I have enough of the original Masterboard (it was A4) left over to make at least one more card if not two, and I haven't even started with the butterfly one.  As well as the PlayDate Cafe I'm also sending this one to Wild Orchid Crafts for their 'Say it with Flowers' challenge and Lots to Do who have 'shapes' as their theme.

While browsing my magazine I noticed details of a swap running for mini Christmas cards. There are several challenges popping up with Christmas as a theme so against my better judgement out came my Christmas stamps. But oh, this was hard - I just couldn't get into a frosty, snowy, starry, jingle bells mood and had to stick with flowers to make it work (at least I think it works). I haven't unearthed any of my christmas papers or embelishments so this was made with the basics to hand!


I coloured some card with Distress Inks by spritzing and smooshing - (Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters) and then stamped the Poinsettias which are a Penny Black stamp called Christmas Red, in Stazon Black Cherry. I used gold metal magic to emboss a grunge swirl and Anita's acrylic antique white paint on a chip board shape. The message and swirl are also Penny Black and I embossed the sentiment. I edged with Peeled pain, added a red and green flower with a brad and stuck the whole thing on a mini card (4"x4") which I had stamped with the Christmas red stamp in Bundled sage.

The photo above makes it look a bit flat so I took this one too which shows the texture better (especially if you click on it to enlarge).  So this, my first Christmas crd of the year is being entered into challenges here - Penny Black Saturday Challenge, Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Drunken Stampers who all have the theme 'Christmas in July'.

Well, thanks for stopping by,  I'm off to find something else to do to take my mind off the fact the Postman doesn't deliver on Sundays ...Esther xx

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther - I do hope the postie is very kind to you tomorrow, What stunning work you have created whilst so stressed - fantastic

    Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

    And again the very best of luck - hope all your hard work has paid off - please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous floral cards, thanks so much for joining us at WOC for our first challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black, hope to see you again next week.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting and waiting must be agony glad you managed to lose your self in crafting for a while. Masterboard card is fabulous thank you for joining us at LTD with this one. Great little Christmas card as well, am just starting to think of those as well. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh what lovely creations, you have been very busy. Got my fingers crossed that you get the results that you hope for tomorrow:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous card esther......thanks for joining in the Christmas fun this week at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stress really suits you Esther you have created some stunning cards and backgrounds, brilliant. Am sure you will get the results you want, you are a determined young woman so cannot see you failing at anything. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMggodness! all your projects are just wonderful..especially the Christmas one. Fabulous job with your stamps! You're amazing!
    cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!! I forgot to say Thankyou for sharing your lovely creations with us at Stamptacular this week1!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, wonderful background you created from the masterboard! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your masterboards are wonderful. I love the butterfly one especially, and all your cards are beautiful. Fingers crossed for your degree results!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been super busy! Love your masterboards!! Beautiful-love that butterfly! Both cards are beautiful too:) I really really like those buttons on the PDCC card! Super fun:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really made some pretty pieces! And yes Purple and teal go together very well..maybe the next piece we work on ????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what wonderful cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just picked up your message Esther...WHOOPEE whose a clever girl then.........xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely masterboard. Great card using the masterboard. Glad your mojo kicked in and you were able to create something! Thanks for joining us at PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, I especially like the flourish on your PDCC one! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely collection of cards , they are great

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards, love the fact that you did not use an image on these ones! great take on our challenge this week, hope you will join the fun at SSC again next week. Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, this is absolutely faboulus! I love your cards and the Christmas card is really beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining Stamptacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails