Tuesday, 27 July 2010

CCC goes girly and WOYWW

Phew, what a roller coaster the last few days have been, but my results arrived yesterday and I have passed my degree so I am very relieved and happy!!  I've been busy with my latest project for CCC #7 over at Studio L3 which this week is tinted fragments (P55 of THE book). I've gone a bit girly for this one as I wanted to make an embellishment to use on my latest scrapbook page - so first of all here is my tag
I finally took the plunge and tore a page out of my old school dictionary ( I used it for the degree I've just passed!). I stamped a couple of images on the paper and after making the fragment as per the book  I used a wet glue to stick it to my tag to wrinkle the paper a bit for more texture.   I didn't think it was too bad for a first attempt, I will have to practice but only have a couple of fragments so glad it wasn't a disaster!  
I put together my scrapbook page including the tag  - (my friends photo isn't like this really but I didn't ask if I could display her for all to see - although after nine hrs shopping everything begins to look a bit like this!).  The tag is on the second page of a double spread. Below is the first page so please use your imagination to fit them together cos i've still got my WOYWW photo to add and this post will go on for ever!!

I've used some paper lace coloured with Distress ink on the edge of this page so am entering it into the Wild Orchid Challenge which is Lovely Lace and I'm also entering my LO to The Stamp Man anything goes challenge.   The page ingredients are -  Papers and journalling tag from K&Co, letter stamps are Creative Imaginations, Shopper and bags by Hanna Stamps, paper lace and eyelets from stash. Stamped images are coloured with distress inks.
And last but not least this is my desk today  ( if you're reading this on Tues eve I know I'm early).  It's still my coffee table in the living room actually as I'm all set up to make my friends wedding invites which some of you who've passed this way before may remember me mentioning a while ago.  The card is cut and all is ready for the stamping to begin and my friend is arriving to stay for the weekend to lend a hand and help celebrate my degree success (did I mention I'd passed my degree?) might have to make sure we finish the invites before we open the wine!!
Not sure what WOYWW is - hop on over the Julia's Stamping Ground where it all begins.

Thanks for stopping by, Happy WOYWW...Esther (who has a degree!) xx


44 comments:

  1. Well this could almost be called Pretty in Pink! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects and congratulations on your degree :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, this is SPECTACULAR!!! I LOVE the girly look, with the shoe and shopping on the Fragment-- brilliant! Such a happy look, it makes me want to call up my girlfriends and go to the boutique!

    The tag is gorgeous, and the layout spread is such a wonderful home for it. I love what you've created here!

    And... CONGRATULATIONS on passing your degree! I hope you and your friend are going to celebrate in a huge, fun way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done with your pink embellishment and it works so well on your scrapbook page too!
    Congratulations of passing your degree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Esther and makes a great scrapbook page. Again Congratulations...you did pass didn't you????? lol Have a great time celebrating. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabulous tag and both scrapbook pages--gorgeous colors and details! Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Esther

    CONGRATULATIONS on passing your degree!!! I love the tag!

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!!!!! congratultions honey, you celebrate away, what a fabulous achievement!

    Love the tag, even though I don't do girly.

    Look forward to seeing that pile of blanks transformed, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is all that hard work you've done - and well done on your degree too, which I am sure was even harder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooohooo congrats on passing your degree....well done!

    I love the tag it is so very yummy.

    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pink but great too !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS on passing hun well done.That tag is just gorjuss my daughter would love that ...Pink..lol she mad about pink.Love the layout too.Good luck at the weekend hope you get time to stamp whilst celebrating!
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your degree. I love what you have done with your dictionary.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great workspace pics hun :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  15. BIG congratulations on passing your degree, a fantastic achievement. Love the tag for the CofC challenge, can't finish mine yet as awaiting some fragments in the post. Have a great day, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  16. HUGE CONGRATUALTIONS on passing your degree what an acheivement. love your scrapbook pages they are fabulous and the pieces for your invites look very interesting will we see one finished?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bliddy hell. Shopping! At Lakeside! From 10am till 9pm??? You both deserve a medal! My dad tries to drag me there every year for Crimbo shopping. I think somehow he got the girlie shopping gene and it bypassed me. If it aint a charity/junk/stash shop then I aint interested *g*

    Many congratulations on your degree :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning work on that there desk and many many many congratulations on the degree!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, those pages are cool. I do love the colors you used too!
    I really like the altered page from your old dictionary!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi
    many congratulations on passing your degree, gorgeous creations, have great day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your CCC #7 piece is really nice! Love the shoe, text and colors *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love what you've made with your old dictionary brilliant!! Congrats on passing your
    degree have a great WOYwW!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous tag, gorgeous colours
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. well done on your degree, and great ccc, nice to see it used differently

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on passing your degree. Love your fantastic girly shopping trip layout and the wedding invite design looks very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your degree ....love that tag.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations!! Love your tag bit on your page its fabby x Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your tag it is fab and your tidy work area lv Liz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done getting your degree! Congratulations.
    The invites look very classy.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, degrees take a lot of hard work so I am pleased to read it has paid off.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on your degree... very well done!
    Interesting looking stamps too.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh wow hun well done on passing your degree good for you,love your tags some really great things on here hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Esther well done - well done and congratulations! I bet you haven't stopped smiling yet. You must be very proud of yourself - if you aren't, we are! Love how you made the elements for the pages, they look wonderful. Have a fab couple of days crafting and celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  34. congratulations! wow, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on the degree. Really love all your show and tell projects too.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on your degree! There's a lot to be said for higher education. I can tell you like pink and you like to shop. I know, what gave me those clues (grin)? Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats on your degree!! Your tag is so fanciful and cheerful, must try one someday. Hope you and your friend survived the project.

    ReplyDelete
  38. CoNgRaTulAtIoNs on your degree! That's wonderful!! And so is this tinted fragment tag! I love the unique color combination and the theme is so cool for a scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations!
    Love your pink pages - just the ticket - retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that shopping tag.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh wow, that is grand news and many congrats... good on yer hun... loving the Fragments..gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  42. oo pretty pretty! I love pink! happy woyww xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great card, I really love the colors that you picked for it.

    I currently have blog candy on my blog come and take a look!

    Jessica Lynn
    http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails