Sunday 10 December 2017

Christmas catch up

Well - I have some years worth of Christmas photographs to catch up scrapbooking so I took a break from December daily today and used a couple of challenges for inspiration to create a layout using a photo of my family at Christmas in 2003.

First of all I grabbed the five items listed in the online Scrappy Advent over on the For the Love of pretty Paper Facebook group. These were - Flair, Ink Spray, 6x6 paper pad, Glitter Washi, Black Thickers, and the technique is stitching. I've used the 6x6 paper pad to cut down pieces for my layering and used the ink sprays with some plastic packaging to smoosh over the background. I then and added some more items from the tic tac toe challenge at Lasting Memories choosing the right column -  Glitter/sequins, stars, wood veneer.  The wood veneer didn't look right in it's natural state but I really wanted to sue the word so I embossed with silver embossing powder to alter it.  I also took the sketch from Stuck?!
   
 After smooshing the background I layed down strips of washi tape before applying texture paste through a word and then a star stencil. Over this I layered my papers and photo, added my title and some pretty sequins and stars to finish off. 
Thanks for stopping by - Happy Crafting..Esther xx

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous page in the soft purple and silver; love the stars on your Christmas page and the bold title. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background!! Great job on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love all the mixed media you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love that you went non traditional with your christmas colours, it is fabulous! Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful artsy background and a great mix of patterns! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout...great stencilling! Fabulous use of the Lasting Memories tic tac toe board. Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and gorgeous colour combination! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails