Sunday 25 June 2017

Pretty Things

I took some time out from Design Team work yesterday to create a scrapbook layout inspired by a couple of current challenges. We have recently moved into a new build home and I have loved starting with a blank canvas and planning how I'd like the rooms to look. It's a gradual process time and finance dependant but we're getting there.  I've scrapped a couple of my favourite buys for Hey Little Magpie's Facebook group challenge which is to scrap our favourite things, but not people or places.
 As well as this theme I used the sketch from Stuck?! as a starting point. 
I started by smooshing inks to my cardstock, then applied texture paste through a script stencil in a heart shape. Unfortunately the heart shape got lost once I started adding photos and layers, but the script is still there. I added a glittery tag, die cut flowers backed with Tim Holtz tissue wrap, Nuvo drops and sequins. 
Right, better get back to work !! Thanks for stopping by, Happy Crafting....Essie xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, great job with the sketch! Love your bg and alll the lovely details! Thanks for joining Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just "So pretty" -I love the details and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous layout, love the colours and the mixed media work!

    Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a layout! We are renovating our house at the moment and I am currently buying new "pretty things." I should make a page too. Thanks for the idea! And thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches. Happy Scrapping, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love your background work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails