Tuesday 2 May 2017

GoGo Marble-ous

I'm sharing a layout today that I created using one of of the fab techniques taught at the recent GoGo Getaway retreat in March 2017. I used shaving foam and distress re-inkers to create my marbling and once dry (which is super quick) I die cut and punched flowers and added Nuvo drops to the centres.May - Marbelling
The marbling effect said 70’s to me so I used this old photo of my sister and I all dressed up for a fancy dress party! My sister is an amazing mum to six children - one of whom was diagnosed with Leukaemia when she was just 8 yrs old. My sister was so incredibly strong during the most difficult two years while Amy went through treatment and she is such an inspiration to me. We were heading off here to a fund raiser for Click Sargent who were incredible when our family needed support. Thankfully my niece is now recovered, healthy and 14 years later a gorgeous mummy herself.

I used the same inks dripped on some packaging, spritzed with water then smooshed onto my background cardstock, added some texture paste through a stencil and after layering the photo sprinkled the flowers and some sequins.

I'm sharing my layout here -
Scrap the Girls
More than Words
This was a super fun technique and so easy,
Happy Scrapping….Esther xx

11 comments:

  1. great take on the mood board Esther- love those flowers!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful flowery homage to your sister who I'm sure is an incredible mum as you say! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely take on our challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome way to use that marbled paper, they always stump me! Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun theme. And a great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at STG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout and the marbled flowers are really cute. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely layout, thanks to playing us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading about you and your sister. Thanks for playing along at STG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout!!!! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words and Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous take on our challenge! Love the retro look. Awesome story to go with!! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet layout :) Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails