Tuesday 23 May 2017

Double Trouble

I'm well and truly set up in my new craft room now and beginning to work on my old photo stash again. I chose some photos of my Niece and Nephew from 2004 when they came to stay over and we had a trip to the zoo. I have used both the sketches from Stick It Down (love that I finally have time to join in challenges again!). 

First the Double Sketch - I used some artistic licence and rather than paper panels for the edges I created colour blocks with Ecoline Water Colours. 

 Here's the original sketch -
As well as using the watercolours on the edges I added splatters and splodges, some stamping and lots of layers.

 Still using Ecoline inks for the background I also made a page using the single sketch. 

Loved using these sketches - I was struggling with these photos as the colour combinations were outside my comfort zone (bright red and blue!) so having the sketches as a starting point really helped me focus on the layout design first rather than getting hung up on the colours.

Thanks for stopping by...Esther x

7 comments:

  1. I love your water coloring! So pretty. Thank you for joining us at SID:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts. Love your coloring of the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your layouts Esther xx Double is fab - that is one big tortoise! Love all your painty colours xx Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on the double page sketch! Shoot I wish I thought of that :) cute layout and congrats on getting the room done and ready! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down :)
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout. Love the use of different mediums. Sure looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails