Saturday 5 September 2015

The Mirror Crack'd - Art Shrine

How fast is time flashing by - it's already my third challenge with the fabulous team over at the Mirror Crack'd. This month we've got a Tic, Tac, Toe challenge, but with a twist. If you pick the yellow centre square 'Shrine' then all you need is to create an Art Shrine of your own choosing, using any materials, colours, shapes, embellishments etc. However, if  Shrines are not your thing then you can choose any straight line  - top or bottom left to right, or right and left top to bottom. If you really fancy challenging yourself then pick a line that goes through the centre square creating a Shrine with the addition of the items either side of it! As long as it's mixed media, and not a card, it will qualify. Do please tell us though which route you have taken.  
I'd been thinking it was soon time to start on Christmas projects so I went with a nativity theme for my Shrine.
I started with a little Shrine kit which I painted, added stars with glitter paste through a stencil and flicked white paint over. I lined the inside with book paper (bible page telling the nativity story) which I also flicked with dye ink.  
Inside I decoupaged a stamped nativity scene which I coloured with Inktense pencils. 

Our host for this challenge is Jenn, and she will be choosing our Winner and Top 5. Instead of a physical prize this month we would like to offer our Winner a Guest Designer spot for a future challenge. We hope our fabulous Design Team can inspire you. Please pop by their blogs and show them your appreciation.

Really look forward to seeing your creations....Happy Crafting...Esther xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails