Sunday 25 January 2015

Numbers up !

We've already come to the end of our first 2015 challenge at Fashionable Stamping - which means it's time for another one. This fortnight Amanda has chosen the theme 'Numbers'.  I went for a journal page (I'm still trying to get through last years Journal 52 prompts so taking every opportunity to do a page - this one is for the prompt 'sing a song'). Anyhow - this is what I did - 

The background (top half of page) was from a previous arty session and is ink sprays over a tree stencil. Over this I added some grunge paste through a stencil and stamped numbers in gesso, I've rubbed gesso around the edge of the page to soften it.  The brick wall is a gelli plate print with splatters of dye ink and stamped bricks. . Now I didn't have ANY number stamps so made my own - 
I die cut numbers from self adhesive fun foam and stuck them onto a scrap of cardboard.  
The bottles are a PaperArtsy stamp. I've stamped them in different inks on assorted papers and cut them out. I clear embossed some, added rock candy crackle paint to a couple and even some stickles on others. The numbers are very old stickers from my stash. The words of the 'song' are stamped with little individual stamps from Dovecraft. 

As always my fellow FSC teamies have created some beautiful works of art so please head over and check them out. I hope you feel inspired to join our challenge - Don't forget we are a stamping challenge and we especially need to see that the stamping is the focal point on the project and that this must follow the format of the theme. NO Digi stamps please.   Our sponsor is Flonzcraft and the winner chosen at random will receive a voucher for $20 - we also give special mention to our top 3.

I'm also sharing my page over at - 

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Crafting...Esther xx

7 comments:

  1. I love this, great page with great textures
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, you have rocked this challenge!!! Now that song is in my head - so funny!
    I love your imagination and humour.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic fun page, super textures and a great design.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 10 Green Bottles and brilliant background. Clever and inventive of you to make your own number stamp too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fab take on the prompt Esther, love it! So many details and I love all the texture too. Genius idea to create your own stamp, I cheated and used roman numerals as I didn't have any number stamps either but I'll have to give that a try
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esther this page really made me smile and Dot is right that song is in my head. lol. Might just mimic this page as it is gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page!!! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails