Saturday 20 December 2014

New technique Journal Page

I'm still very much finding my way when it comes to Art Journalling and am really enjoying learning. I've been using the prompts from Journal 52 and am no-where near done for this years, but managed to find time to complete another page today - the prompt is 'Experiment'.  I came across the challenge at PaperArtsy and was inspired by this post from Alison (butterfly). I think my journalling style is still very much developing as I try out new things, I've only ever used grunge paste with a stencil and loved the texture Alison created by sponging with the paste over cheese cloth and gesso so wanted to give it a go myself. 
I've used PaperArtsy stamps (on tissue paper) and added colour with Fresco chalk paint.  You can see the texture of the grunge past in this next picture - now it's finished I think I could have used more paste but I was worried about over doing it and making the page too heavy
I'm sharing this over on the PaperArtsy website in Decembers' challenge.
Thanks for stopping by - Esther xx

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous design and beautiful page xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely, Esther - the dragonflies darting all over are perfect with the delicate textures of the cheesecloth. I've given up being afraid that pages will get heavy - somehow there'll be a way to deal with it!! So glad you were inspired to play along, and thank you for joining in at PaperArtsy this month.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the texture turned our perfect Esther!! Thanks for joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing page - love the textures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther, I think this is beautiful, love the subdue colors and the texture is fantastic. I'm fairly new at Journaling myself and I'm afraid of to much stenciling on the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails