Tuesday 2 September 2014

Something new and old with Craft Room



Hi Everyone, its Annie's turn to choose the theme over at Craft Room and she's challenged us to use   'Something Old and Something New'. We all have some old craft items in our stash and some new ones too so we would like you to make something using both and you are required to list what you have used within your blog post'.  I hadn't actually purchased any new stash for quite some time - so this was a perfect excuse to order some new stencils and tools to use on my Gelli plate - 
I made a card using the Gelli Plate technique demonstrated by Barbara Gray (Clarity Stamps) here.  

I layered the Gelli print onto another print created using my new catalyst tools to wipe away paint before printing and added a strip from this background print across the front too onto which I stamped a sentiment - with an old Hero Arts Stamp.  
I also stamped a flourish round the edges using versamark which I dusted with perfect pearls for a little shimmer. So my NEW tools were my stencils and catalyst tools and the OLD was my flourish and sentiment stamp.                                 
                                             Our sponsor this fortnight is Crafty Individuals
                                        So come over and join us and happy crafting...Esther xx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Esther :-) sure looks like you had fun with this stunning make and some new crafty stash. I absolutely love your background. Thank you so much for sharing the GP tut link :-) I must have a look.

    Sending huge hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lovely card here Esther. I love the colours in your gorgeous Gelli print and the great sentiment as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous make Esther, I love the Gelli print and the colours gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this on the challenge site I fell in love with it, absolutely gorgeous. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you chose! I must get me a Gelli plate ~ just a magical card! ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! I cannot believe you made that background yourself! It is absolutely gorgeous and looks like a super fancy paper! The colours and swirls...wow! So stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Esther :-) This is a beautiful card and I love your background...its stunning. Thank you for sharing the Gelli plate link too as I really should make use of my plate.
    Crafty Hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your geli plate creations, and this ones another stunner! Debi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stunning card Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails