Sunday 20 April 2014

Altered Bottle

OK - not the most imaginative title I know ! Does anyone else struggle for post titles ? Anyhoo - guess what - I've altered a bottle. A wine bottle to be exact, and yes I did have to force myself to make sure it was empty first although it is only a small 18.7cl bottle ! This was inspired by Craft Stampers current Take It Make it Challenge (the altering not the drinking) - 
I painted the bottle with Fresco finish Acrylic paint, then added a layer of Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze to the top half. While this was doing it's thing I stamped and coloured the Sheena Douglas (Creative Expressions) stamp onto tissue paper - I've coloured with water colour pencils.

Once the paint was dry I stamped Hero Arts polka dots and TH script onto the bottle before applying the tissue paper stamped image with Glue and Seal. Then it was just a case of finishing off with some lace, twine, a charm and roses.  
So as well as Craft Stamper Take it Make it I'm sharing my altered bottle here -
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Altered Art
Tando Creative - Recycling
Splendiferous Creations - Alter It
Penny Black and More - Blossoms and Blooms

Thanks for popping by - Esther xx

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful contribiution to Craft Stamper's Take It Make IT challenge! LOVE your altered bottle - it is so delicate and shabbily beautiful! Awesome!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful bottle, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow-don't worry about the title when the subject is as beautiful as this, what wonderful work, love it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and delicate bottle! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super work Esther, fits our Blossoms and Blooms theme at Penny Black and More perfectly, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really gorgeous, love your bottle so beautifully painted and colored!!.. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tando challenge this month! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! (and I'm glad our challenge hasn't inspired you to drink!!!) Thank you for playing along this month with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I love the colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Blog challenge ... good luck! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, I love the soft colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work on the bottle Esther, love it!
    Thank you for joining in with the Take it ,make it challenge.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Esther, this is so beautiful!!!! I am glad that you made sure the bottle was empty, the joys of altering it hahaha!!!! Thank you for joining us over at Tando xxx

    Oh and I have awful trouble with post titles too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and romantic! Thank you for participating in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you checked it was empty LOL - girl after my own heart x Stunning creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How stunning, love the image of the Lupins,my mother grew these every year...beautifully decorated and a lovely entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, and such a fantastic idea. I want to have a go myself now! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails